new mexico sky musing, no. 2 ~ george's new mexico

 

New Mexico Sky Musing Number 2, contemporary abstract New Mexico landscape painting by Santa Fe artist Dawn Chandler

new mexico sky musing, no. 2 

Although I shared this painting a couple posts ago, to keep the catalog nature of this folio blog consistent, I'll share again. As I mentioned, this painting sold right off the easel to a friend/collector who was visiting my studio. I'd only completed three or four in the series, but he had to have one. This was, afterall, his first trip back to New Mexico after many decades away, and he had fallen in love all over again with our Land of Enchantment.  What makes my heart sing about this one are the different blues. Their coolness is enhanced by the warm orange. And of course I love the suggestion of windows or doorways; of passageways into the vista.