new mexico sky musing, no. 3 ~ taos is a word for soul

New Mexico Sky Musing Number 3- Taos is a Word for Soul, contemporary abstract New Mexico landscape painting by Santa Fe artist Dawn Chandler

new mexico sky musing, no. 3 ~ taos is a word for soul

 

 I practically shout this on my Etsy site about this painting: I LOVE THAT CLOUD! 

It's just really lush to me, that cool yet glowing ultramarine blue mixed with a bit of white to make the underbelly of the cloud. There are moments out here when I notice that very color in the clouds. It's not all the time. But when I notice it, it makes me oh so happy.

It's interesting but Sky Musing No. 3 is one of the least elaborate of the series: A hint of sage in the foreground, a band of warm earth, a line of distant hills or trees, and then BOOM! that cloud! And because of the relative simplicity of this painting, you can really see and read the underlying words, which I also rather love. Among them: Taos is a word for soul.

See more details and perhaps even make this painting your own via my online store