new mexico sky musing, no. 8 ~ midnight to daylight

New Mexico Sky Musing Number 8 - Midnight to Daylight,  contemporary abstract New Mexico landscape painting by Santa Fe artist Dawn Chandler
new mexico sky musing, no. 8 ~ midnight to daylight


Although I didn’t intend this when I created this painting, for me this is one about nighttime — at least that’s the dominant theme that comes across to me. Many people think of the night sky as black, while others think of it as deep deep dark blue – “midnight blue.” Perhaps the blue in the upper half of this painting isn’t as dark as “midnight blue“ but but nighttime is what it conjures for me especially with those specs white white which to me suggest planets or stars,

It’s night time where we are here, or is this by the memory as we're hiking into the sunshine toward that tree on the mesa in the bright passage on the right?

Read more about this painting and all of my New Mexico Sky Musings released in the series so far via my online gallery store here.