new mexico sky musing, no. 11 ~ storm soaring

 

New Mexico Sky Musing Number 11 - Storm Soaring - contemporary abstract New Mexico landscape painting by Santa Fe artist Dawn Chandler
new mexico sky musing, no. 11 ~ storm soaring

 

Scroll through my paintings and you can see I have an infatuation with our New Mexico sky, especially the clouds out here (hence this whole series!)

Some people (like my dear late mother) get nervous with the threat of thunderstorms; I become invigorated!

Usually when clouds build up out here, you'll get a whole bank of them building together. But sometimes we get these single yet utterly COLOSSAL thunderheads that from a distance looks like a massive white-capped mountain in the sky.

That's what this painting reminds me of.

Learn more and view some details of New Mexico Sky Musing, No. 11 - Storm Soaring via my online gallery store on Etsy.