returning to spring

Returning to Spring contemporary abstract landscape painting by Santa Fe artist Dawn Chandler.

 

returning to spring
by dawn chandler

12" x 12" ~ oil on panel ~ available via Etsy.

I created Returning to Spring in 2011 — which you can see from the signature. I no longer date my paintings on the front, as I often go back into them, sometimes even years later. 

Thinking on that date though.... 2011 was a tough year for me... My father died in February,

I don't know when I painted this, but I think it was much later in the year... It started as a painting altogether different, and one I had likely started years earlier. But I went back into it, and at some point I smeared that gorgeous periwinkle-blue across the surface and suddenly I was transported, joyfully, to springtime.

Anyhow, after living happily with this painting for over a decade, I've decided to release it to the world in case there's someone else out there who would like to be transported to springtime in a cloud of periwinkle-blue.....

 Read more about this painting via in ts description in my Etsy shop.