new mexico sky musing no. 23 ~ witness to awe


New Mexico Sky Musing 23 - Witness to Awe original contemporary New Mexico landscape painting by Santa Fe artist Dawn Chandler.

new mexico sky musing no. 23 ~ witness to awe
by dawn chandler

8" x 8" ~ mixed media on panel ~ available on my Etsy shop

Awe is a word that seems to be buzzing lately, especially since Dacher Keltner's book Awe: The Transformative Power of Everyday Wonder came out a few months ago (and which I recommend). Just today when I was donating blood I noticed a new poster on the wall with a quote about awe attributed to Kelter.

Awe is something I am fortunate and grateful to experience often. Pretty much anytime I witness a New Mexico rainstorm, or a New Mexico sunset I am overcome with awe. New Mexico is known as the Land of Enchantment. It could just as easily be known as the Land of Awe.