distant rainstorm moving across the mesas ~ new mexico sunset

 

'Distant Rainstorm Moving Across the Mesas ~ New Mexico Sunset' - original New Mexico landscape painting in oil by artist Dawn Chandler of a sunset sky over the Jemez Mts from Las Companas, Santa Fe.

distant rainstorm moving across the mesas ~ new mexico sunset
by dawn chandler

11" x 40" ~ oil on panel ~ available on my Etsy shop.

 "It was already a beautiful sky. But when I saw that bright fiery orange curtain of virga appear in the distance, I just gulped in joy. This is exactly the kind of evening sky I was hoping for in my many excursions out to Las Campañas to photograph the sky. ..."

The second of seven "exploration" paintings I created for a huge landscape commission project of a New Mexico sky scene. Curious? Read the full story of the commission project on my blog. Meanwhile, I'm happy to finally make these exploration paintings available to the public; find the details of Distant Rainstorm Moving Across the Mesas ~ New Mexico Sunset on its listing on Etsy.

Detail of 'Distant Rainstorm Moving Across the Mesas ~ New Mexico Sunset' - original New Mexico landscape painting in oil by artist Dawn Chandler of a sunset sky over the Jemez Mts from Las Compañas, Santa Fe.